Friday, September 4, 2009

Selective Hearing

When I found you, there was nothing to hold tight to. You left me adrift.
You'll only bleed me dry, so I'll ask you kindly to make your way.
You think it's alright--can't you feel the knife?
Pressing matters bear
If it's all or nothing, then let me go.
There is time, so much time

When push comes to shove, this is getting old.
You pray for rain, I pray for blindness
But now he lives inside someone he doesn't recognize,
We say goodnight from our own separate sides
and I'm not who I used to be.
Just because you've forgotten, that don't mean you're forgiven


I'm living in an age that calls darkness light--
Though my language is dead, still the shapes fill my head
Now that I'm older, my heart's colder,
I guess we'll just have to adjust
And I can see that it's a lie.

I try to write, but it's wrong
No one to leave the lights on
No answer
Search my face
A hopeless embrace


Let's start over again
Why can't we start it over again?
This time, we'll get it right.

I can't talk to you anymore,
and I miss you.

Set my spirit free
Set my body free

No comments:

Post a Comment